Saturday, February 25, 2006

That's Really Enough...

You don't always have to own what you love.
-- Lin Xi 林夕(a Hong Kong lyricist)

Owning will soon create the fear of loss.
So even though I know that you'll never be mine
I am not disappointed.
Because I don't own you
Your beauty and grace is always with me.

I always keep seeing you dance free,
My dear Artemis...

I feel I'm very lucky to share at least
This earth with you.
That's really enough...

I like Lin Xi's name. I've only recently found why he uses the mainland Chinese Pin Yin romanisation for his name, even though it is extremely rare for a Hong Konger to write his name in Pin Yin. Pin Yin is a key to decode his rather mysterious name...

If (Lin) is written above (Xi), it'll make 梦 (meng), a simplified Chinese character (which is rarely used in Hong Kong) that means "dream." So he's encoded a dream in his name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home